Posting Guidelines (Dec 5, 2018)
In order to create equitable play in our tournaments, it is imperative that our membership post their scores accurately even for partial rounds. Upon completion of play (or shortly thereafter), golfers need to go to the NCGA site (in the pro shop or on your computer or smart phone) and post their score – noting the Equitable Stroke Control factors*. It has come to the attention of the Board of Directors that we have members who are not posting as well as those who are posting incorrect scores. Therefore, we have created a new posting guideline. If the Board becomes aware of members who are not posting or posting incorrectly, the following process will be followed:
1. The offending golfer will be contacted personally by the Handicap Chairman to confirm the facts and explain the guidelines.
2. The golfer will receive a letter alerting him to the problem.
3. If the problem continues, the player will be suspended from MGCLH tournament play for three months.
4. If, after suspension, the problem occurs again, the player will be dropped from the Men’s Club.
* Equitable Stroke Control (ESC) is a system adjusting gross scores in order to produce an accurate index. For more information, go to the NCGA site (click here) or view the video on this website (click here).